5.14.2005

My sister and I both had nothing to do this evening, and my parents went out for dinner with some of their friends, so my dad gave us money and we ate at Bennigan's. It was nice to catch up with her and see what the kids are up to these days. When I'm out with her, I wonder sometimes if people think we're friends instead of sisters. One time I went to Best Buy with her, and I was talking to Rob, and one of Rob's co-workers came up and was like, "Your girlfriend's friend is hot," and Rob was like, "That's her sister...her 13-year-old sister." Haha.

My mom and I went to a specialty yarn shop today. I love yarn. I love expensive yarn. I got this really awesome yarn that's like mohair and cotton and metallic, and it's multicolored and really awesome. It was expensive, so I only got ~90 yards' worth, which is just enough to make a skinny scarf. I might go back later and get more. Then my mom had to go to Michael's, and I ended up getting more yarn there. They had this great stuff that's just exactly the ugly green and ugly pink of my plaid wool coat. Plus it had teal and gold accents, so that's awesome. A few days ago my mom got me some self-patterning yarn, so I've been knitting like a fiend to make that into a scarf. I'm a little more than halfway done. I just sit in front of the TV and knit all day. Part of me feels like I should be doing something, but then I realize that in just over a week I'll be working 8-5 M-F with no lunch break for the entire summer. So I'm entitled to be a bum for a week and a half.

No comments: