3.06.2005

Today Steve and I were on the bus, and we heard this guy ask his friends, "Do you know where the phrase 'Your mom goes to college' is from?" At first I thought it was a joke, but he kept going on. "I've heard it so much these past several months, but I have no idea where people got it. And the weird thing is, my mom does go to college, so it always freaks me out for a second." One of his friends replies, "Probably from some movie or something." The other friend adds, "Yeah, and the thing is, it's probably a really shitty movie because like everyone has seen it." That's so strange to me, that like three college-aged people haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite. But what's really pathetic is that one kid's attitude. It's really stupid to avoid stuff just because it's supposedly really cool and popular, in the same way that it's really stupid to like stuff just because it's really cool and popular. Either way, you're letting the media make choices for you, when you should be making those choices yourself. You should be the one to decide what you like and what you don't like, instead of going with or against the flow just beacuse it's the flow.

What am I doing up so late, you ask? Well, I'm currently having breathing problems and I'm scared to go to sleep until it's all subsided.

No comments: