3.06.2006

The thyroid hormones I'm taking have the adverse side effect of making my skin so incredibly oily. I have four times the pimples I normally do, and not just on my face--on my stomach and legs as well. I'm left desperately trying to cover the visible zits with make-up, a skill I've never learned, despite all my artistic leanings. I feel like this is some horrible joke being played on me, or like I'm currently experiencing my second bout with chicken pox. I feel so disgusting, and it doesn't help that I feel (and am) chunkier than I've ever been. I'm in a state of perpetual PMS, all due to this stupid thyroid hormone I'm taking. I'm enjoying the benefit of not struggling to stay awake all day, but at the cost of hating the way I look and not wanting to be seen in public.

No comments: