3.26.2005

What do I have waiting back at school for me? Tests. Papers. Obligations. Books. Abysmal grades. Frustration. Practicing. Pieces I can't play. Homework I don't understand. Tests I don't pass. Friends (she says with a hint of hope)?? Hardly. Alienation. Depression. Cliques I don't belong to. And for what? So I can get a worthless degree in French that will ensure that I'll be stuck in crummy retail jobs for the rest of my life, barely making above minimum wage. I'm not smart enough to get a degree in anything worthwhile--business, engineering... I'm not smart enough to go to grad school and get a higher degree. I have no skills.

My life wasn't supposed to turn out like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Random comment from random passerby: when I was studying English I was convinced I would not ever get a decent job, ever. Turns out I do have a decent job, that pays well and that I enjoy - you could call it a Career, even - and what's more, my degree is actually relevant and respected. I'm just saying, you can't see how to get anywhere from where you are now, but you'll be surprised at what you can do. Really.