2.19.2005

I'm 3/4 of the way through The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things. It's kind of depressing, but at least I can take comfort in the fact that it's fiction, unlike the depressing books by Augusten Burroughs that recount stuff that actually happened to him. I hope to finish this book tomorrow. I bought Naked by David Sedaris, so I'll either start that, Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, Sellevision by Augusten Burroughs, or The Mismeasure of Man by Steven Jay Gould.

I came home today to go to the otolaryngologist. It looks like the tonsil on the back of my tongue is still inflamed, despite the strong antibiotic treatment. He's giving me more antibiotics and upping my antacid mediciation. There's a possibility that I would need a somewhat risky surgery come May.

I got to see Steve tonight, which was great. But I have to go back to school tomorrow, because the weather's going to be really crummy on Sunday and my dad doesn't want to drive in it. It'll be another couple of weeks before I can see Steve again. I was hoping to be able to spend time with him tomorrow, but it looks like that's not in the cards. I wonder if I sacrifice a virgin to Tom Skilling if the weather will change dramatically overnight. Or maybe Steve really was just kidding about all that cyclogenesis. One can only hope.

No comments: